Sunday, May 18, 2008
Little Mommy
Yesterday after our regular church meetings, Billy had to stay after for an additional meeting, so I brought the three kids home myself. Of course, as soon as I had Emily and Jacob's lunch on the table, Mattie wakes up ready to eat (sooner than I expected). So, I got the two older ones settled and started feeding the baby. Of course, I'd only been sitting for two minutes when Jacob starts asking for something else. Up steps our "Little Mommy." For the next 18 minutes, while I was nursing and burping the baby, she was getting water to drink, more lunch meat to eat, helping Jacob get down from the table, helping him wash his hands, and even singing him a song and putting him down for a nap! :) I asked her to do the water and lunch meat, but the rest she just jumped up and did all on her own. I couldn't believe it when she sang to Jacob and told him to have a good nap. And he totally went along with it! What a Happy Helper!
5 comments:
OHHH, that is sweet! I'm impressed with Emily! A song and everything. I should say good boy Jacob too, for letting her help.
wow...that is awesome.that has got be a great blessing. and she is only turning 5! crazy.
That is so cute. I love it when they decide to be helpful! Doesn't happen often enough around my house--but when it does it is such a blessing!
Wow Melanie. You've gotta know you're doing something right. I'm not sure that would ever happen around here... Your Emily is so cute!
How adorable! Emily is so cute!
Singing to him and everything.
AND Jacob didn't fight her and went along with it too.
You're gonna have to keep the camera handy while you're nursing/burping too.
Post a Comment