Monday, July 7, 2008

Lovin' It


Matthew is 3 months old today. Here are a few things I'm lovin' right now:

1. A Full Night's Sleep. It is amazing how much better I can cope, how much more patience and energy I have, and how much happier I am, when I get a full night's sleep. The kids and I are actually going places again and having fun together. It's really nice.

2. Not Sore Anymore. I can workout and do everything/anything again without my incision hurting. It's great! Nothing like a c-section to show you how much you use those abdominal muscles! :) The only thing that really gets me is if I try to carry Jacob for more than 5 minutes, but I rarely do that. He's just so solid!

3. Back To Work. As nice as it was to have him home for a few weeks (and believe me, it was SO NICE), it's nice to have Billy back at the hospital working towards graduation. Let's just crank it out and get it over with! :) Plus, lets face it girls, we get more stuff done around the house when our husbands aren't around. (I fall into "hangout" mode when Billy's home.) I'm finally caught up on laundry and the house is looking pretty good again!

4. A Happy Baby. Nothing can entertain Matthew better than his brother and sister. Emily really enjoys talking to him too, and can get him to smile and laugh so easily! The other day she was talking to him and he was so happy. Then she turned away and he got frustrated and tried to get her attention. Billy told her to turn back around and when she did, Matthew was totally happy again. Jacob is just starting to try to interact with him too. It's pretty cute. He's not quite sure what to do with this 'lump,' but he's figuring it out!

5. Food To Eat. My diet is pretty strict right now because I'm nursing, but I'm finding more and more ways to alter recipes or different foods so I can eat them. For instance, I found out how to make soy "buttermilk" so I can substitute that for real buttermilk. The kids and I made star-shaped sugar cookies for the 4th with the soy "buttermilk" and Billy couldn't even tell a difference! :) (Mental note: Write everything down that I can eat, so next time around I won't have to "find" it all again!)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Wait, why are you on a special diet while you are nursing? That's good that you are finding things to eat. Matthew is so cute- I love the pictures of him smiling! I also love that he looks about as big as Max! I think the pictures of the 3 kids turned out pretty good- I'd be happy if I could just see all three of their faces in the same picture!

Melanie said...

It's a self-imposed special diet - just avoiding the things that cause an upset tummy for the baby: dairy, chocolate, broccoli and tomatoes. It gets tricky 'cause some sort of dairy and some form of tomatoes are in pretty much every recipe out there, but I'd rather have a happy baby. It's only a few months, right?! Thank goodness for soy milk! :)

Andrea said...

We missed you guys in June, it is fun reading about what you have been up to. Logan is sleeping until 6:30 now and it seriously does make a huge difference. Those are 3 cute kidos that you have.