Thursday, July 10, 2008

Playing House

Yesterday the kids were playing house while I was getting their lunches ready. Emily told us (Billy was home post-call) that she was the mommy and Jacob was the daddy. Billy and I were the brother and sister. :) Then she turned to Jacob and asked him if he had his stuff for school ready. He nodded, with a pile of books and puzzles in his hands. He put on his Thomas (the Tank Engine) backpack and then started to walk away. "Bye Daddy! Have a good day at school." Emily told him. Then Emily told us that "Daddy" was at school and would be home at dinner time. Billy and I had to laugh. I remember playing house when I was little. We NEVER sent daddy off to school. . .

Jacob spent the next 20 minutes sitting in our computer room reading books and doing puzzles. (If only it was that easy!) Emily brought me breakfast and lunch, and then when it was time for "dinner," she called to Jacob and he came "home" to eat with us. :)

Kids really do mimic their parents.

4 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

love it.

Queen of the Castle said...

My kids can't get used to the idea that daddy is going to work now. They always ask when daddy is going to be home from school. I chuckle a little every time they say it. I wonder how long it will take for them to switch over.

Andrea said...

That is funny, Bailey use to play like that too. They forget pretty quickly, they play that he is off to work now.

Anonymous said...

that is so cute, I love it! Kids are for sure more creative than ever these days.