Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike


This is what I seriously hate about living here. The hurricane season. Just when I was beginning to think we'd slide through another season without a hitch. Here it comes. As scared as I am of the unknown, and the way the media can hype things, we've found some calm listening to the mayor's press conference and I think we're sticking around. We'll loose power for sure, though I don't know for how long. Please keep us in your prayers. We'll update when we can. I'm so grateful for a prophet who counsels us to be prepared. We've got 72 hour kits ready to go if we need them.

8 comments:

me said...

good luck and let us know when things have calmed down.

Sam and Bria said...

We are thinking about you guys. Good luck!! Bria :)

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

We certainly will be praying for your family. Isn't it comforting to know that you are prepared.

Nat Lud said...

We will be praying for your safety! Hope all goes well. Take lots of pics for some crazy updates!

Annie Leavitt said...

we still can't believe what you guys went through. what a story huh? we are glad everything turned out ok.

Andrea said...

I have been thinking of you guys. Hope everything goes well. Never a dull moment right? Hang in there.

Sarah said...

I hope that everything goes okay and that you guys are safe. We'll be praying for you and checking back often to hear that everything is okay!

Nuestra Familia said...

Hi Melanie, we have been thinking of your family and keep you in our prayers. Hopefully things will get back to normal soon and the hurricane season is done.