Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fall


We've been blessed with a cold front - for one whole day. The high today is supposed to be only 68 degrees!! It was pretty cool this morning taking Emily to school. All the kids wore long sleeves and I loved it. It smelled different. It felt different. It made me want to make pumpkin bread, apple pie, something with pecans, soup and everything else that reminds you of fall.

I love these days we get every once in a while that remind us it really is autumn.

Tomorrow is supposed to be 77, followed by a weekend of low 80's. But I'll take today and enjoy it. :)

4 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

logandale's been about the same, one cold day followed by lots of warms.
ugh, i am getting so spoiled here. i've been using my electrical blanket for weeks now!

Cherise said...

I loved it today too, I even went out and bought Jonathan a few pairs of sweats, especially after I put an old pair on him and they were big time floods... I really miss having a true fall here, but I love the cool but not cold winters. You take the good with the bad I guess.

me said...

Like I told you on the phone, it was 28 this morning! BRRRRRR
I like it though, not being freezing cold, but the cold weather is better then hot if you ask me!

Nat Lud said...

So fun. It reminds me to appreciate the chilly evenings and mornings we have here. I missed them while we lived in Vegas but now that we're back, I DON'T LIKE COLD! But it definitely feels fallish. I guess I'll be happy!