Sunday, January 25, 2009

We're Back!

We made it! I was so nervous to fly with my three kids alone, but we made it. It's a long flight to my parents' house, but the kids really pulled through for me, and while the flight up there was bearable and not too bad, the flight back today was almost a dream it was so nice. Baby slept almost all the way through "The Sword in the Stone" (which was totally occupying my older two) so I actually got a little 15-20 minute cat nap! Wow! Sticker books, color wonder books, books on CD, my iPod and snacks kept us sane and happy for 4 hours! I was so grateful, and I know the people around us were grateful too. (Some even told me so!)

Pictures coming soon. I need to try and get some sleep. :) (Even though I really want to play Cake Mania or Sherlock!)

5 comments:

me said...

CAKE MANIA! I got you in the mood!
Glad to hear that the flight back home was good. Way to go kids! I bet they were so happy to see Daddy.
It was good to see you. And to finally see Matthew. He is cute.

Jordee said...

I'm glad your flight was good. You are a brave one. It was good to see you and the kiddos. They are all so adorable.

Danna Banana said...

Yay for Mel!!! '
Congrats on your trip. That is a SOLID win!!!
Catch up with you later!

Deborah said...

Hi Bill and Mel--Billy's Aunt Deborah here--Jim's sister.

Your family is darling and I LOVED the Christmas Pictures. Nice to see my brother and all my nieces nephews and GRAND nieces and nephews--we haven't kept in touch the way we should--can ya' tell?!!!!

anyway we have this great electronic way to reconnect and I love it!

my own blog is here:
http://reliefcheney.blogspot.com/

The Marx Family said...

I always get so nervous to fly by myself too! I'm glad that everything went so well for you!