Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Washington 2009

So, our trip to my parents' house was busy and fun. We got there after a seemingly never-ending plane ride of 4 hours and 40 minutes (I shouldn't complain - driving would have taken days!) and spent tons of time with all of my family. My brother lives close by and would come over each day after work for a while. The kids really like him. My sister lives a couple hours away, so she brought her family over for a few days and it was fun to see them. We went to visit the great-grandparents each day too! (Great-Grandpa is in a nursing home and Great-Grandma is at home, so we'd see one or the other each day.) Mom took the time off from work and Dad only had to work a couple days, so the kids had lots of opportunities to play with them, and wear them out!

Here are some pictures!
Silly Uncle Steve!



One day during quiet time/nap time. I think we wore him out! (Grandma got the kids each a portable CD player and three books read on a CD. They LOVE them! We're flying through AA batteries now, but that's OK.)

At Odyssey:

How dare I stop the fun to get a picture. They were actually having a blast, even though you wouldn't know it from this picture!


Wearing Grandpa out!


With Aunt Carolyn, Jared, and Allyson

Great-Grandma

Great-Grandpa




Playing a shape guessing game that we had when I was little.


The Zoo
Matthew at the zoo. (It was pretty chilly!)




Uncle Steve and the kids!

6 comments:

Sam and Bria said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun on your trip. Wish we could come visit.

me said...

I remember that game! I'm surprised it's still in good shape. We played that tons! It was good to see you guys!

suepeterson710 said...

Love the pix, especially Silly Uncle Steve playing Hide N Seek and the SERIOUS faces at Odyssey!!!

Nat Lud said...

Looks like a good trip! Glad you got some family time in and that you made it home safe and sound. Love personal cd players!

Annie Leavitt said...

great pictures mel! looks like a lot of fun, i bet your parents were pleased as punch : )

Andrea said...

It looks like you had a great time. I am glad the kids did so well on the plane. It is always nice to hang out at home. Great memories for your kids too.