Monday, February 2, 2009

Deals, Deals, Deals!



I tend to go through cycles with different things. Sometimes I'm really good at it and other times I'm not so good at it. (We all do that with something, right?) Well, I haven't been so good at finding great deals or low prices on stuff lately. I wasn't totally slacking. I was still checking my websites each day and getting my Sunday coupons and reading the store fliers. I was getting some really good stuff (For instance, I got 2 new purses! One was originally $118 marked down to $25 and the other was originally $44 marked down to $10.), but not a whole lot really. I wasn't spending money like crazy either, but when I'm not getting many good deals, I feel like I'm just wasting the little bit we have.

Today though, I feel like I'm back in the groove. I sorted my coupons and threw out the ones that just expired at the end of last month. I went through the new ads for the week (except grocery 'cause they come out on Wednesday), got myself organized and Jacob, Matthew and I went and got some great stuff super cheap! Not just junk that was for sale, that would sit around our house and collect dust before being tossed, but stuff we actually use and need around the house! Love it! And I really get excited when I can use a coupon with a sale or rebate offer. I seriously get a little hop in my step! :)

So, here's to coupons and sales and rebates! I love you guys! And thanks to Refund Cents, the wonderful website and magazine that taught me how to stretch my money!

(Billy is getting back in gear too - buying things on sale or with a rebate and then selling them on ebay. Every little bit helps!)

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

i swear it's the baby thing that keeps me from going to wal-green's and rite aid. their carts are too dang small for 2 kiddos!
Now, if they had costco carts...