The first workout and run were during the morning ( when Emily had dance class) and during nap time, so we weren't able to watch him compete, but he called after each one and told me about it. After the morning workout he sounded tired, but said he did better than most. I thought that was great. He doesn't workout in an official crossfit gym, just in our garage with stuff he's made or bought, so we had wondered if and how that might compare to the people that go to the gyms with the real, authentic equipment and coaches.
The run was kind of brutal. Lots of ups and downs I guess. He was a bit slower than usual, so he sounded rather disappointed. He was tired too. He hadn't slept well the night before. And he still had one more workout to do.
The kids and I drove up to watch the last workout. We got there just in time. It was so different from the one he did in Mesquite on New Years. There were lots more people and the competition was much tougher. Some of the guys were pretty big. I was a little worried because he was so tired, but he did so well! Here are some pictures:
I apologize for this video clip. We were sitting really close, and I couldn't step back, and the timer was ticking because he was doing this workout as fast as he could, so when I realized I couldn't get him all in for the wall ball part, I thought, "Oh, I'll just turn my camera!" Hahaha! I wouldn't have done that with the regular video camera, but I had the digital camera and I just spaced it. Oh well. At least you can see how high he had to throw the 20# ball. (The gal was counting his reps and making sure he did everything correctly.)
In the end, he placed 5th!
Yay, Daddy!!!!
We're so proud of you!
Yay, Daddy!!!!
We're so proud of you!
Again, this proves I am not a professional, but here's the end of the workout. (Please keep in mind, I was trying to keep Emily and Jacob out of the way and hold Matthew in my other arm!)
7 comments:
Congrats! I am very impressed, great job.
Yay for Billy. We're so proud of you! Congrats.
Very impressive, Bill! Way to go! Now if you can just get Jon motivated...
holy cow 5th! that is so awesome billy! you are crazy, insane, fit! we are so proud of uncle billy. great video mel, what a day!
Great job! That is awesome! Very impressed!
Holy Moly Billy!!! You rock!!!
Great job guys! I'm in pain just watching, it looks super hard, way to go!!
Post a Comment