Monday, April 13, 2009

Eggs and Candy

It was an egg-filled, candy-munching Easter weekend this year! We had lots of fun and actually got some pictures! :)

Saturday we dyed the eggs and the kids had a blast. Matthew wasn't involved at all, but we will definitely include him more next year. (I was too worried he'd pull the newspaper and spill the dye!)


Sunday morning the kids were so excited to see their baskets of candy and goodies. They immediately asked if they could have some and while they munched on a couple things, I tried to give Matthew some of his first Easter candy - he was not interested. It wasn't until I gave him a bunny (You know those bunnies and chicks that taste like circus peanuts?) which he licked, then sucked, and then bit, that he realized what all that stuff in his basket really was. :) Yellow and chocolate drool on the floor and his chin soon forced me to move his basket (and the others) to a place he couldn't reach! :)


The Easter bunny had also hidden our dyed eggs all over the house, and once the kids realized this, they were running around the house, scooping them up as quickly as they could. We did it inside, thinking Matthew could crawl to some too, but he had just realized the treasure to be had in his basket when the kids started and was not to be deterred from trying all the different things in there. Maybe next year. ;)


Then we got ready and went to church. This was the first time I've bought identical outfits for the boys, so I was glad they didn't get anything on them before the pictures! It is tricky to take pictures of three kids though. (Or should I say, it is tricky to get all three of them sitting up, looking at the camera and smiling!)


After an early Easter dinner, we ended our day with a discussion about Easter and why we celebrate it. It was so neat to do this as the kids are getting a little older, to see what they remember and what they understand. Emily is really starting to grasp the story and was asking some great questions. And for us parents, it gave us another chance to ponder and share our testimonies of the beauty of the Atonement, Christ's amazing selflessness, and how much I am grateful for this wonderful blessing because I am so not perfect and so desperately need it. It was the perfect way to end our Easter Sunday.

5 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

ah, your first foray into matching outfits. congrats! i really love matching outfits when we travel because i don't have to think about what the other one is wearing: )

glad you guys had a great day. your easter bunny got the same presents ours did too! ty loved those little cars!

Cherise said...

Wow your kids are so cute, and I love the matching vests - I know exactly what you mean about the pictures - we might have to find a professional one of these days 'cause mom just isn't getting the job done very well! Sounds like you had a fun, and meaningful holiday, just as it should be!

me said...

The Easter Bunny really liked the BunnyBean Bikes, cuz both my kiddos got them too! The kids look really cute by the way.

Shelly said...

You're kids always seem to take great pictures (at least the ones you post). I love seeing the matching outfits. I bought matching dresses for the girls this year---something I swore I'd never do, but I couldn't help myself...They were too cute.....

Andrea said...

It sounds like a perfect Easter Sunday. I love the boys vests and Emily's dress, they all look so cute. Happy Easter!