Tuesday was Matthew's first birthday. I cannot tell you how quickly this year has flown. I will say though, as I got in the shower Tuesday morning, it was nice to realize how not pregnant, bloated, and uncomfortable I was (compared to the same time last year)!We sang to him when he woke up, which he liked, but the rest of the festivities happened after dinner. He loved his cake, getting the most messy of the three kids yet, and, after taking a quick bath to wash off the cake, he really enjoyed his presents (once Emily and Jacob had helped open them). :) It was a fun day.
Matthew's Dump Truck Cake.(All completely edible I might add!) :)
Our neighbors came over to sing and have cake with us. I think it was just too much for him! :)








We are just so happy Matthew is part of our family. He's definitely different from the other two (Well, he can eat like the other two though!) and it's so fun at this age to really see his personality coming out. He's cruising on furniture, pulling up on everything, loves to play with balls, loves music, loves to be with his siblings, claps, waves anytime you say "goodnight" or "goodbye," "talks" a lot now (nonsense of course, but he's definitely trying to communicate) and is a happy little guy.
Happy birthday buddy!
14 comments:
BRAVO on the cake Melanie! You must have spent hours on that!! (isn't it worth the hard work when they get excited about their cake?!) He is so cute - Happy Birthday Matthew!
I'm glad he had a good time! Your cake turned out awesome! You talented girl!
I had to tell you that Jared wore the same PJs last night! Probably the same size too! 2T? Jared also got that ball blower for his 1st birthday. He saw Matthew in the picture with his ball blower and said "boy play balls!"
Happy Birthday Big Guy!
Awesome cake Melanie! How in the world did you do that?
It's sad how fast they grow.
Happy Birthday Matthew!
That is the coolest cake--what a lucky boy!
He is sure cute! Awesome cake. Looks like it was a great first birthday.
once again, you have proved you are the cake queen my dear. it looks awesome! and i love the pictures of the cake being destroyed, but the crying one is classic. wish we could have been there.
-annie
Kudos on your truck cake. It looked awesome. You are so clever - and patient. Looks like the fondant came out great.
So glad he liked the ball popper.
Loved the 'too much birthday' pic.
Happy Birthday, little man!!! Wow!! that really did go by fast. The cake is awesome. Is that fondant?
You could totally be on "Ace of Cakes"!!! You rock!
Love the popper ball roundy slidy toy! We used to have one of those and the boys loved it.
Congratulations on not being bloated and preggers one year later after giving birth too! Gotta love that spacing.
Wow - impressive cake. You should start a cake business!
Loved the crying picture! So funny!!
Umm, how did you create that cake??!! It was unbelievable! I'm amazed you cut it! Wow, you are a Super Mom!
Great job on the cake. I can't believe its already been a year.
That cake is OUT OF CONTROL! How did you get it so perfect? I'm very impressed. I'm glad that Matthew had a fun birthday- he's adorable!
I love all of the Easter pictures. The kids look so cute in their matching church clothes- I love the sweater vests!
You are seriously amazing. That cake is out of this world!! I love first birthdays, I can't believe he is already 1. Sounds like a great day.
Post a Comment