Monday, May 4, 2009

Today

I kept Emily home today to be extra safe. She was congested and coughing during the night and I wanted to make sure there was nothing to it. There wasn't. The kids had a fun day together and Daddy was gone until late, which meant I was not making a regular dinner. (I rarely cook a real, full dinner if Billy's not eating because the kids just don't appreciate it.) I made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup (you know, add some water to the stuff out of the Kroger can) with some goldfish sprinkled on top for fun. Emily told me it was the best dinner ever!

As we were cleaning up dinner, she also said this:

"Mommy, this was a fun, fun day. It was as fun as the day we did the gingerbread house. It was THAT fun. Isn't that cool?"

I just laughed and agreed.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

You are truly a great Mom, Mel....I hope you know that. I love hearing about the stuff you do with your kids (even the little stuff). It helps keep me going, some days.

Emily, there is nothing like a good "hookie" day!!! It's nice that kids appreciate the simple things like soup out of a can and a good grilled cheese. We call it fishy soup and sip it with a straw out of a mug then we "rescue" the goldfish with their spoons.

me said...

Well you can't beat that can you!

I know what you mean about cooking real food. With just me and Aaron actually eating, it's pretty rediculous!

Nuestra Familia said...

Fun day with mom, you are the best mom! I want to try the fish in the soup for my kids.