a friend came to dinner and we had a fun
weevils in the pantry= nice, clean and organized pantry with everything sorted by expiration date
finding Matthew's 5th tooth (hiding in the back, top, his right)
getting great deals on meat (I'm so easy to please)
sorting through Matthew's clothes to weed out too small and too warm= nicely organized dresser and closet in Matthew's room
went to dinner with neighbors
played games with Jacob
got food poisoning (just me thank goodness)= read lots and lots for two days when I wasn't sleeping or having my breakfast over and over again (Finished The Goose Girl. Read In Praise of Stay-At-Home Moms and I'm halfway through The Outliers - very interesting.)
Billy stayed home to help out since I wasn't feeling myself= pretty messy house, but at least the kids were taken care of and I could rest.
Matthew is starting to walk! He took eight steps Friday.
Went to a girls night and had yummy food and fun.
Something on the swing set broke. (The little glider thing with two seats. The thing they love the most on the swing set. A pole rusted through. Wow. Didn't think the humidity and rain would break that thing in just under 3 years!)
Didn't sleep well at night at all Tues-Sat. Bummer. (Just me, the kids and Billy were fine.)= more time to read books since I was awake.
Played hide and seek with the kids. Daddy has the BEST hiding spots. He'd be a great thief if he wanted to.
Got a babysitter Sat night and played games with another couple. Had a good time.
Everyone slept in Sunday morning until 9am!! Still got to church on time.
Matthew is so hard to handle during church right now.
My primary class was very well behaved!
We were asked to talk next Sunday.
6 comments:
oh-i still feel bad about the hand me downs. i think you are safe putting them away, we are pretty sure it's a girl : )
sounds like it ended up being an ok week besides the weevils and stomach flu. miss all of you.
I didn't think Matthew was that disruptive today in church - I think often we think they're worse than they really are - Jonathan has always been a big challenge in church for me... Although I must say that our ward is loud - we visited another ward over spring break and I couldn't believe how quiet it was. I don't think they had half the kids we have either.
I'd love to have a couple of reading days - but I think I'd pass on the food poisoning so sorry you were sick!
Sounds like it was a "great" week.
Glad you are feeling better. Also glad you got the clothes straightened out.
Sounds like an eventful week. I HATE being sick, but then sometimes I really enjoy the alone time! We will be out of town next weekend, I would love to hear your talks, good luck :)
OVerall, I'd have to give your week 2 jealous thumbs up. The reading time sounds great, Billy did look very natural in his mask at halloween, Matthew is growing up way to fast, (so are Jacob and Emily, actually), and organized stuff is comforting. Glad you're feeling better!!!
Sounds like a busy, pretty fun week! Sorry about the food poisoning- that stinks. Was it from the weevils?!! Glad you're feeling better now.
Post a Comment