Monday, July 6, 2009

Rest in Peace



I have to blog about our recently deceased family friend, Egg and Muffin Toaster, affectionately known as egg mcmuffin maker. We first met back in Logandale. Jim, Billy's dad, brought one home from Lyn's and we all marveled at how gimick-y it seemed. Really? Would it really work and be good? Nevertheless, we agreed to try it out and we were hooked. Yum!

Before we moved to Texas, Jim gave us one of our very own. (He got one for each of his kids!) :) We were so excited. Our kids were so excited. Once we had a fridge (it took a couple days), some of our first meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) were made by egg mcmuffin maker. And they were great!

And we've used it like crazy every since. Egg Mcmuffin maker was great at breakfast: a nice, hot breakfast, very fast and filling when you had a long day ahead. It was also very handy to have around at dinner time when Billy was on call, or time was short and I had nothing planned.

During it's time with us, egg mcmuffin maker had a few super glue surgeries, that seemed to help for a while, but it just couldn't last forever. We started hand washing all the parts (even though they were dishwasher safe), to help them last, but we finally pulled the plug last week.

Thanks egg mcmuffin maker! We love you and miss you.

6 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

aha! ours is dying too- and we have been handwashing it for 2 years. and yes, it's needed glueing too. maybe the new models are better? : )

Sam and Bria said...

I remember this toaster. I am sorry you had to part ways with it.

me said...

Ours is on it end too. The toaster part isn't toasting very well anymore. Aaron is sad, though they are very easy to find, as long as there is a Target next to you and you have an extra $50.00laying around.

Sarah said...

That's awesome! I've never seen anything like it- do they still sell them?

Melanie said...

Our Target doesn't sell them anymore, but I've found them online at Bed, Bath and Beyond, Target, Walmart and Amazon, so you can get them. (I've seen the prices range from $30-$55. They also have a double one - you can make two at the same time - but that costs even more.)

A salesperson at Bed, Bath and Beyond told me I could bring in the sku number with one of their coupons and they could order it for me at the store and use my coupon towards it, so I think I'll try that next time I get a coupon from them. They come pretty often. :)

Andrea said...

We have one of those too, we haven't been using the egg mcmuffin part much, maybe I will hold out for special occasions to make it last longer :)