Here's a sampling of what we've been up to:
1. Bought a real Christmas tree, decorated it, and watched Matthew break an ornament within 24 hours.
2. Emily stayed home from school and missed a field trip because of her cough. We felt bad.
3. Billy and I are watching Bleak House. So far so good. Really good. I am becoming quite a sucker for these stories, and I'm dragging Billy down with me.
4. Jacob looks even more like Billy.
5. Matthew is starting to call me "mama" (everyone in the house has been "da dee" for months now).
6. I'm feeling much better, am 13 weeks along, and I'm using a hair tie to keep my jeans on.
7. A gal backed into Billy's car, but she had insurance thank goodness. Good ol' Bessy's getting fixed up right now.
8. It's cold! And there's a chance for snow tomorrow!
9. Jacob had me explain the story of King Herod and baby Jesus last night. He's really trying to figure things out.
10. Emily lost another tooth on Monday. That makes seven so far. Billy is amazed at how young she is. (And he should know!)
4 comments:
hooray for updates!!! and snow!!!
i wish it would snow here, because it would be warmer than 29 degrees.brrrrrr.
SNOW!!! How fun would that be.
It's way cold here too. 25 this morning and only 42 as the high. Brrry!
If the snow lets us down tomorrow, we're packing up the kids and heading north until we run into some!!! I bought everyone new hats and mittens today in preparation!!!
I agree with Billy (who is of course the expert) on the tooth thing. Jason and I didn't even lose our first tooth until well into first grade. Carsten lost his first before Christmas in kindergarten. He lost both of his top middles last week -- which incidentally makes me giggle when I look at him---he's cute toothless. It makes him grumpy because most of his favorite foods require those teeth.
We went to Costco last year and bought a Ginormous container of non-breakable balls. They look breakable but they aren't. We have our special ones too, but they go up high.
Didn't Emily just lose her first tooth last year? Wow way to go Emily!
Post a Comment