Monday, January 18, 2010

Good Book

I read The Giver. I had never read it before. I don't know why. I read tons of books in high school. (I was a Freshman when it came out.) but never this one.

It was a quick read. Very quick. It only took a couple hours. (Thank goodness for nap time/quiet time.)

As I read it, different themes or ideas reminded me of lots of other things I've read and seen. Fahrenheit 451, 1984, The Hunger Games and that old sci-fi movie my Dad thinks is great, Soylent Green.

It also reminded me of things in a gospel sense. How good it is for us to be able to choose. To know and to experience good and bad things.

I'm glad I read it. I'm sure I will read it again.

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

oh, i loved that book growing up. maybe i'll read it again. doesn't it make you appreciate good literature even more?