I think I'm getting old.
In the car, I'll just switch between radio stations until I find a song I like. I inevitably go for something I remember. Usually from high school. Or earlier.
High school was a while ago. We won't even think about how long ago "earlier" was.
The other day, after a song ended on the radio, I heard them say the name of the radio station, and state it was the "adult alternative station." What? They have a young new alternative station and an older adult alternative station?
Then I realized that I only listen to the other alternative station when they're playing something I remember. From high school.
Ouch.
During December, Billy played me some new pop music that is really popular on the radio right now. (He's my link to the outside world in so many ways because I'm at home with the kids.)
I didn't like it.
I couldn't understand half of the words.
And the words I did understand, I didn't like the message.
Hmmm...
Today while cleaning out a closet, I put my iPod on shuffle.
Shuffling through all the music I've put on there is really interesting. Talk about a journey through my different music preferences and life experiences over the years.
Then a Phil Collins song came on.
It reminded me of the fact that my very first CD was "We Can't Dance" by Genesis (when Phil Collins was their lead singer).
That was a long time ago.
Uhh...
Over Christmas break we showed our niece an old music video of a band we all used to love.
I had their cassette tape and practically wore that thing out. (Still have it though!)
It was so funny to see their clothes. Their dance moves.
Our niece humored us and laughed as we sang and danced along.
Then we realized what year the song came out. 1989.
It's official. I'm old.
5 comments:
whatever. we are not OLD, we are mature. wise. seasoned. : )
i can't stand new music either.
ps-love the post title : )
I "Blame It On The Rain"!!!! :))
I looked around church this week and realized I'm at the OTHER end of the spectrum....I am no longer the young, just starting out, recently married, recently mothering, one...I'm the been there over a decade, on kid #3, been around the block one.....Got a little teary...Blamed it on the Spirit...
I always thought it was funny to see couples who had been married for ten to twelve years acting like they were young. Now I'm there, and I don't feel so old. I wonder if people think I'm weird for still trying to be young. Anyways, food for thought.
I just watched the MV video. Can you believe the SIZE of those Shoulder pads??? Teehee.
Post a Comment