Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cars


Jacob became fascinated with Jeeps back in November. We saw a more traditional Jeep (with the cloth top) driving down the street and he asked me, "What kind of car is that?!" Since then he (and Emily) love to try and find as many as they can whenever we're in the car. He thinks they are fabulous. So cool. So neat in fact, that when we bought him a Jeep brand bike for Christmas, he was super excited.

About two weeks ago in the pick-up line at Emily's school, Jacob asked me about the car in front of us. He knew it wasn't a Jeep and wanted to know what it was. I told him. Then, as we were right by a parking lot, I proceeded to show him the different kinds of cars around us and how to identify them. He really got into it. Now he can identify Toyotas, Hondas, Fords, Nissans, Jeeps and Chevys.

All of this car talk has led to multiple discussions about cars. He's asked why we have Toyotas. He's asked why we don't have Jeeps. (He thinks we should have one. I told him he can get one when he can drive and has some money.) He laughs at the names of some brands because he thinks they sound funny. He's asked why people have different cars. We've talked about how different brands make similar types of cars. (Ex: Not all vans are Toyotas.)

But the best conversation was the following. He mentioned this to me last Friday.

Jacob: I like Toyotas, Hondas, Fords and Jeeps!

Me: Oh really?!

**Now I knew he liked Jeeps, I knew he liked Toyotas (because we own two) and I knew he liked Hondas (the name makes him laugh). The last one, Ford, had me confused.**

Me: Why do you like Fords?

Jacob: Because Ford sounds like four, and I'm four!


Don't you love the way their minds work?! :)

3 comments:

me said...

Sounds a lot like Jared. He has had a love for cars for a long time. His favs are Mustangs and Chargers. He notices all the other vehicles that are like ours, or others in the family, meaning other vans, Mazda 3's, and also Rav 4's cuz he knows I like them.

Boys! Gotta love 'em.

Annie Leavitt said...

pictures of your bookshelfs please!

oh man, jacob is the best. can you ship him over to our house for a few days? ty would love it!

Nuestra Familia said...

That's so funny. Boys are great!