Each night, after scriptures and family prayer, each of our kids gives their own personal prayer. It is always interesting to see what they say. To hear what they think is worth mentioning.
Matthew has started "saying" his prayers too. Either Billy or I will help him by telling him some words he's supposed to repeat. At first, he sounded like he was trying to repeat the words we said, but now it's different. He mumbles something and translates the words he knows into "Matthew speak."
For example:
when I told him to say "play outside" he said, "ca ca wa wa" (which means dog, but don't ask me how)
when I told him to say "sleep well" he said, "ni-night, bankies, mmmmm" (which means blankets and binky - he has it only to sleep)
when I told him to say "Jesus Christ" he said, "daddy" (most adult men are referred to as daddy)
The kids couldn't keep it together. They were both laughing pretty hard because we all understand "Matthew speak." They knew how he was changing it and thought it was hilarious. My initial reaction was to get upset, but, it was pretty funny. :)
And I bet Heavenly Father enjoyed it too.
3 comments:
So cute!!!
so cool you write this stuff down.
and gives me a kick in the pants to get the personal prayers done over here too : )
That is the cutest thing I've heard in a long time. :) Most kids would just repeat word-for-word...but his translations are adorable.
Post a Comment