Thursday, October 21, 2010

Good Food

Daddy's been gone since Saturday. We miss him, but we've had fun and everyone has done well. I'm just really tired. (He flies home Friday night.) Since Daddy hasn't been around, I haven't cooked a normal dinner. What's the point? The kids don't appreciate all my work. Here's proof:

Jacob: There's one good thing because Daddy is gone.

Me: What's that?

Jacob: We have really yummy dinners.

Emily: This food is the best food ever. You're such a good cook!

Me (laughing): Oh. Thanks.

What have we had for dinner, you ask?! Toy Story macaroni and cheese, tomato soup and grilled cheese, breakfast (pancakes, sausage and eggs), do-it-yourself french bread pizza, toy story chicken soup and tonight it's egg mcmuffins.

I'm glad they're easy to please. :)

3 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

what it is it about cooking and husbands? i do the SAME thing when ty's gone.

glad to know your kids love the healthy stuff : )

Ellice said...

too cute :) and hilarious all at the same time :).

Nat Lud said...

So funny! We do easy stuff too when Jer's not around. The kids rarely complain about what I cook on those days. :)