We've been busy lately. For some reason, I didn't think October would be very busy for us this year. I'm not sure why. But it is busy. Just like every other year. And that means the busy has started and won't let up until the new year.
It's a good busy though. :)
Soccer practices and games take up 2 evenings and all Saturday morning every week.
Check ups and flu shots have taken us to the dr. five times in the last couple weeks. But now everyone is healthy and immunized.
Matthew has started wearing a backpack around the house, saying that he's going to preschool. He's also talking more. The latest is: "What talking 'bout?"
I've got 3 of 6 Halloween costumes completed. :)
Emily is doing well in school.
Megan is becoming more active - her arms are getting more steady as she tries to reach and hold things. She's also getting much more squirmy and rolly-poly.
Billy's finally doing oral surgery again and loving it.
Jacob plays with legos EVERY SINGLE DAY.
I've been working on my upcoming Sunday lesson based on this talk. (Another good one! But then, seriously, what talks aren't?) While doing some reading, I found this quote, which really got me thinking:
What are the rocks of lust in our lives? One is the desire to eat too much, to eat the wrong things, and to eat when we should not. Another is the inability to get to bed on time, to get up on time, or to be where we are supposed to be on time. Rocks of lust are the habits of being absorbed in television or reading when we should be working with our family or doing our home teaching. They are hunger for a new car when the old one would serve as well or better; the desire to have it known to everyone when we have done some good deed; the need to retaliate when someone has hurt us. They are anger, selfishness, loud laughter, and self-indulgence. They are the powers of Satan exercised on us through our own flesh. We can be rid of these things only by yielding to the enticings of the Holy Spirit.
Then our spirit conquers our own flesh and the flesh becomes a servant instead of the master of our lives. Chauncey C. Riddle, “Becoming a Disciple,” Ensign, Sep 1974, 81
Note: As of right now, I'm up past my bedtime, craving some pumpkin bread. Guess I've got some work to do. :)
Have you seen this?
Or watched this?
P.S. Glad I can talk to you when my hubby isn't around. The kids just aren't interested in this stuff. (Well, maybe you aren't either, but I can pretend you are.) :)
2 comments:
I am interested! I really like that quote you included, I've never seen it before and I love the video clip from President Benson. I've seen parts of it before, but not all those particular portions. Thank you for sharing!
oh my, rock of lusts. whoah whoah whoah. so good. thanks for this : )
Post a Comment