Monday, December 13, 2010

Gingerbread House


What do you do on a December day when it's 76 degrees outside?

You stay inside and make a gingerbread house! 

Here's how we did it:
1. Warm up the kitchen cooking the gingerbread and breath in that yummy smell.
2. Nibble on the extra pieces of gingerbread while you wait for the house pieces to cool.
3. Whip up some mean royal icing that will hold that house and all the candy!
4. Invite some friends over.
5. Bring out every type of candy you can imagine.
6. Decorate to your hearts content. (And sample all the candy too!)
7. Get pizza when everyone is tired of eating candy.
Optional: For even more excitement, have your husband sew up a little wound on a toddler's face. :)

It all made for one unforgettable night!





This year we let the kids do the house completely by themselves. The only thing us parents did was put the frosting where they requested it. After the kids were in bed, I told Billy I was just going to go around the edges with some frosting and he told me not to. He wanted it to be their thing. So I didn't. And I'm glad. They love what they came up with.




And they're already talking about what parts they want to eat when we break it New Year's Day. :)

3 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

A real masterpiece. Good job guys.

Terry and Emalee said...

You are the one that never ceases to amaze my dear. Thank you for your encouraging comments though, I think all mothers can use them especially when we are in the thick of it. And you look absolutely fab for having four little ones!!!

Sam and Bria said...

I'm so jealous. Sam is getting ready for boards so I had to promise not to invite anyone over until that is done. So I bought a kit and we are going to make it next monday. Looks like you guys had fun thouh.