Puzzled, I followed him.
And found two big water spots on our ceiling.
I Panic.
I call and text Billy. No answer.
I run next door to our neighbor, and ask him to take a look at it.
He goes with me in the attic, to try and figure out what it is.
We think the drip pan from the AC is overflowing.
I talk to Billy. I go back in the attic and try to soak up some water out of the drip pan to stop it.
Then I realize that's not the problem.
It's 5pm. The spots are bigger, and other ones have started to form.
I panic. I call Billy again.
I tell him it's not the drip pan.
He tells me to shut the water off to the house.
Once I finally find it I can't move it all the way. It's too stiff.
I go to my neighbor, but he doesn't answer the door.
I call my neighbor's wife to ask her a question.
My neighbor comes over and helps me turn off the water, check the water meter, and problem solve.
Spots are still growing.
Billy gets home.
Neighbor and Billy test the water and go in the attic. They find the pooling water but can't find the drip. We don't know if it's a leak in the plumbing or a problem with the AC.
6:45pm - Decide there's a problem with the AC. Put towels over water in attic to try and stop the water spots from growing so fast.
Call a repair company.
Miracle of miracles, a service guy is at our house within an hour!
We actually had a couple other things going on with the AC that needed to be repaired, as well as this water problem. Now they're all fixed. (And we'll be eating mac and cheese for the month of August.)
4 comments:
As long as you have your Blue Bell all is right with the world!
So true. It makes everything much better. :)
Boo! AC problems SUCK ROCKS. I feel bad for that. A homeowners rite of passage. Good job on hoarding the Blue Bunny. Just as long as it is Super Fudge Brownie.
Yay for Ice Cream! It's awesome isn't it! Glad you got the problem fixed, and at least you had the funds to take care of it.
Post a Comment