Thursday, September 8, 2011

Watch

I saw this on my sister-in-law's blog. I cried. (Just go grab your kleenex now. Even you mom. You have to watch it.) :)

She and her husband have had an incredible experience with this. I am amazed at everything they have done to try and help their two boys. And I'm sure I don't even know the half of what they have gone through.

Watch it please.

3 comments:

Loni said...

I love that song.

Thanks for sharing the video, I really admire parents who are such great advocates for their children.

Have you seen the movie Temple Grandin? HBO made it a year or two ago and I just watched it on dvd this summer. Go to netflix and reserve it now! It's excellent. Claire Daines is pure genius. I have a cousin with autism and this movie just really helped me to learn what it's like for those who are diagnosed with it. Plus, it's also good to see we've come a long way in 50 years in what professionals think about it and treat it, it's that way with all mental issues, thankfully. Anyway, after you're done watching it, go to youtube and watch the BBC documentary about Ms. Grandin. It's really fascinating.

Danna Banana said...

Thank you so much for posting this Melanie. I am so touched. Thank you.

Mike and Mindy Williams said...

Powerful stuff--I actually came to your blog to get any pointers you might have about being The Incredibles for Halloween, (I think I remember you did this? Got pointers? What did you do?)--but I'm really glad I stayed around and watched. Thanks for sharing!