Friday, October 14, 2011

A Review and An Assignment

My house smells delicious. I've got loaves of pumpkin bread and a pumpkin sheetcake cooling in my kitchen. Matthew told me they look "SO good!" He told me a couple weeks ago I was the best baker ever. I'm glad my kids are easily pleased.

Why don't you come on over and have some? I'd love some adult company.

(Can I vent for a minute?)
It's been a crazy week. Again. Billy might as well be out of town. We had dinner with him once all week. Wednesday he came home a little after midnight. Thursday he was home by 9pm. We'll see how tonight goes. He hasn't seen Megan awake since Tuesday. And he has this rotation until the end of November. I just need to be grateful it doesn't go longer...

Anyways, enough of that. I know you're thinking about making something pumpkin-y too. Just admit it. Or something apple-y. Still kosher in my book. Either way, I have an assignment for you. When you pull out that recipe and get to mixing, turn this on and listen to it while you're working. It's from the priesthood session of General Conference so there's a good chance you might not have heard it yet.

And just think. For doing this small thing you'll get great spiritual boost and inspiration as well as something yummy to share with your family.

Can it get better than that?!

2 comments:

Loni said...

I love fall and all it's delicious things to bake!! It seems like in recent years I find a recipe that I love and I make a ton that year. The 2011 Fall Edition of Loni's Obsession :) is an apple cider float (from the best bites blog, of course). I've always loved the flavors and smells of hot apple cider, but in the fall around here, it's way too hot to ever drink it. So these floats have all those comforting flavors in a fun, yummy, and cool treat. So delish! I even tried doing it big scale for that home skills group on Wednesday (missed you at that, I know you were home with your kids, I'm sorry!) and for that, instead of ice cream, I put the ingredients in a pitcher and added a little half and half and it seemed to work out quite nicely. You'll have to try it. Or better yet, come hang out with me while your husband is gone so much and I'll make some for you. :)

Shelly said...

Oh, Mel...I want to reach across the blog-o-sphere and give you a big hug!!! There....did you feel it? I so admire your patience and how supportive you have been and continue to be of Billy. He scored big when he married you. (And I know that he knows that!) You guys are almost there....really, really close. It will be worth it in the end. Just hang on a little longer. I wish I were closer to take your kids for a bit or kidnap you for an evening.