My semester went well. I wasn't returning for Winter Semester, so I packed up my college life (my goodness how my "stuff" has grown since then) and my Dad and sister drove all the way down to Provo to get me and my stuff and take me home.
And that was the beginning of it all.
We had car problems driving home.
And weather problems.
The fridge at home went on the fritz.
And other things broke, or needed repair, or died.
It seemed like all of the sudden, there was all this crap to deal with. All these things going wrong. Money was needed for tons of extras. Right when we wanted to focus on prepping for my mission.
It was bizarre.
But my parents and I pushed ahead, even though it was crazy what was happening.
And I landed a sweet temp job where they paid me well (for 1999 and my skills, or lack of) and I worked 40 hours a week.
And things stopped breaking.
Our prayers were heard and answered.
I've learned that this is what makes life, life.
Life is good and bad. We have to experience the crap to enjoy the good stuff, otherwise we wouldn't appreciate it. The other day, watching Megan awkwardly chase a ball in the cul-de-sac while wearing Jacob's crocs, was great. We loved it. And we are given those moments to help us through all the crap. Because it's the crap that makes us grow. It makes us realize that we can't do anything without some divine help. If it wasn't for the crap, we wouldn't learn anything.
House Prep 2012 was right along the lines of Mission Prep 1999.
It was bizarre. It was overwhelming. It was discouraging at times.
But it forced me to humble myself, yet again. And rely on the Lord.

2 comments:
great post. wish i could have been there to help out. the house looks AMAZING!!! in all the realtor photos.
we sent you guys a package today so keep a lookout!
I love this post. I can really relate to a lot of it right now. And its true. And btw you did an amazing job on the house and you are so right. SO here's to some real good things coming your way!
Post a Comment