Thursday, August 9, 2012

Swimming

I've been swimming a lot lately.

Swimming in piles of paperwork.

Closing on the house in TX. (Yea!)

Getting car insurance.

Getting renters insurance.

Trying to get my driver's license. (I need my birth certificate. And my marriage certificate. And my social security card. And some utility bills. And possibly some tax forms all to prove who I am, even though I have a valid TX license. Crazy.)

Closing out utilities in TX.

Registering 3 kids for school. (forms to be filled out by the pediatrician, TB tests to take, forms to be filled out by the pediatric dentist, and then I have to write the same names and addresses, birth dates and phone numbers 10,000 times on a rainbow pack of papers.) And the principal even told me that I'll get a lot of these same forms on the first day of school, and I do indeed have to fill them all out again.

I think West Virginia isn't into "saving the trees" quite so much. :)

________________

We have had some fun though.


We found a great park 12 minutes from home.





Jacob loves to show Matthew how to hold a golf club and hit the ball.



Emily doing crafts. As always.



Emily made box brownies all by herself. (It dawned on me that she is totally old enough, I had just never let her do it completely alone. This time she did and was very proud that they were good.) Next up, cake mix cookies.



Signing a geocache logbook. This was the first one we found. We were pretty excited.



Where we found our second geocache!





We celebrated National Pie Day. The kids gave the chocolate chip pie two thumbs up.
Megan and Jacob gave it ten fingers up!
(You can find the recipe here or here.)




We also took a quick but fantastic trip up to New York City. 
Our first time there.

We saw many sights, but more importantly, we saw great friends.
It was wonderful.

(Pictures soon. Once my paperwork has subsided a bit.)



Bored? Listen or watch or read this and this and this and this


2 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

Love the pix as always. Dad is interested in geocaching now. Found there is some right in our neighborhood. Who knew?

The Marx Family said...

Oh man, I have been there done that more than I want to even think about! We miss you guys! Come back!!!