Friday, March 22, 2013

Mid-March thoughts



(After playing superheros with Matthew one morning, I went to work on brownies for the missionary zone conference luncheon and some laundry. I laughed when I walked past a mirror and looked at myself.)


I haven't been blogging much. Not sure who even may check this anymore.


(Em was the one and only 4th grade representative for her school at the district-wide Math Field Day. We were so proud of her. She had a great time.)

I've had thoughts and things to write down here, but then I get busy and my perfectionist side won't let me because I have to catch up first, but I don't find time to do it, so the vicious cycle continues. I really do like the way this chronicles our family life though. I love looking back and being reminded of things that happened in the last few years that I had already forgotten. It makes me wish I had a blog from back when Emily was a baby.

(Typical Megan. Messy hair and almost 3. She won't let me keep anything in her hair to keep it out of her eyes.)

Like yesterday when Megan put on Matthew's Ninjago sword, and told me she was Link (from the Zelda games), and I was "Link girl." Not Zelda, but "Link girl." Then she proceeded to go around the house killing "fat bellies," which is her name for something on Zelda that isn't good, but I'm not sure what. :) This went on for at least 20 minutes, and was hilarious to watch. At almost 3, she is Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; sometimes the sweetest most cutest girl around. Other times, she is horribly whiny and annoying.

Or how we showed the kids the movie The Princess Bride over the weekend and they loved it. Loved it! And it was so fun to watch them enjoy something we both enjoyed as kids.

Or how Emily gets the jokes on the Cosby show immediately, but it takes Jacob a couple seconds to catch on, and Matthew just doesn't want to watch it at all.

I've wanted to talk about the crafts I've been doing. Did you know this is the first time ever that I've had a 2.5 year old without a newborn, ever? Ever! It's quite the experience. I'm enjoying it.

(This boy is changing too quickly lately.)

I signed up the three older kids for soccer. I can't believe I did. I'm worried this will do me in, but it only lasts until the end of May, so I'm trying to be positive. How could I tell almost 5 year old Matt no, when he's siblings started at his age. I couldn't. So I signed him up too. And his first practice took place at a nice, chilly 30 degree outdoor field. The rest of the kids and I about froze, but he had a great time! :)

(Chocolate cupcakes with "safe" cookie dough frosting. Too good!)

I've wanted to talk about new recipes we've tried and loved; how I never knew a guinea pig could poop so much; what October 2012 conference talks I'm enjoying as I read through one more time; how the lady bugs that plagued the girls' bedroom for almost 6 months have suddenly disappeared; how I sometimes feel like a loner here, because I'm still kind of new, and yet we're moving in a few months, and then we have to do this all over again; how I'm dreading packing up our entire lives again; how people think we have it easy because Billy's a "doctor;" how people don't even know what Billy does; and I could go on and on.

(Sunday. After church. Had to document the tie I tied for Jacob since Billy was in the OR that day.)

I'm going to try to be better at this whole blog thing. But only for me. Because I think I'd rather blog than pack, and as we have less than 99 days before we move (according to my friend who is due with her baby at the same time we'll be leaving WV), I should really start decluttering and packing, but I don't want to. I think it'll be therapeutic. Ha! Or at least make me feel like I'm doing something productive, even if I'm not packing. :)



5 comments:

jes said...

You should call me. I would love to talk about Ann arbor instead of dealing with my own move. :)

The Marx Family said...

So glad to see an update, I'm still reading your blog!

Glen & Kat said...

I'm reading too. And I do think you're a 'supermom'!

suepeterson710 said...

And you KNOW I check your blog twice a day just holding my breath that there's new pix up. haha. Sad but true.

Aubrey said...

I still read! And I love your monologues. What does Billy do? :) We miss you guys!