Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bah!

I love how I committed to be better at this, and then Spring Break happened, with visitors, and then two days after they left another visitor came. And there's another book report coming due, (The last one of the year. Yippee!!) and soccer is in full swing, and I haven't touched this blog.

Oh well. :)

Time is passing and we have hit the middle of April already. We went from wintery cold weather to summer temps in just a couple days. It is suddenly Spring and I'm quickly digging through the kids' dressers to see who needs shorts and what still works from last year.

But on to some pictures, 'cause that's what you're really interested in.



Jacob made himself comfortable one Saturday afternoon.



Megan helped me make banana chip bars. She thought they were dawishish! (delicious)


Pebbles has won the hearts of everyone...


No matter how I do her hair, she always pulls it out once we're home.







This little lady got some underpants because she was acting interested in the potty. Then she decided the potty wasn't that interesting at the moment. She's a flipper flopper.


Easter 2013/Spring Break 2013/Visitors #1

We had an egg hunt with friends the evening before Easter because the weather forecast had showers predicted. It was a good thing too, It was wet the next day.





(We dyed eggs too, but didn't get one picture...)

Easter morning:



Wasting no time...




We actually had family with us for a holiday! 
Mom and Dad came for Spring Break and we had lots of fun.

The kids got these humongous Chocolate Bunnies for Easter this year. The kids thought they were awesome and couldn't wait to take a bite.





We took a visit to the Science Museum at the Clay Center.






We toured the WV State Capitol and WV State History Museum.



State Seal and Motto: "Mountaineers Are Always Free."


 We went to Hillbilly Hotdogs.
The best hotdogs in West Virginia.





Did you know you can fry a hot dog and put spam or pepperoni or pineapple, or an egg on it and it'll taste good? Yep. That's what this place is all about.


Check out that lovely hillbilly decor.


Eating our hotdogs inside an old bus. Covered in graffiti. (And we were encouraged to add our names, so we did.)



Matthew's 5th Birthday

Matthew turned five at the beginning of April. It was fun to have some family with us for a birthday. We took a trip to Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate.



(It's hard work driving with Chuck E. Cheese on board.)




 Matthew's birthday was going to be the Sunday Mom and Dad left, so we celebrated a day early. He was so excited.



(Yes, it was Christmas paper. We're cool like that.)



Matthew's Imaginext Red Velvet Birthday Cake. 

I think this cake is the epitome of Matthew. He is his own person. He does not follow a crowd. He likes what he likes. This was the cake he wanted, so I delivered. And he loved it.



Great Easter. Great Spring Break. Great Birthday. Great visit. 

More to come soon!

2 comments:

me said...

Very cool! Looks like you all had a blast in all your adventures.
1 thought though. What is up with Dad's jeans in the last picture? HA HA Nerd!

suepeterson710 said...

I have pix of egg dying (dye-ing?) anyway, I have pix of that. And Dad's jean's looked like that a lot huh?!!! Thanks for all the lovely pictures and we LOVED being with you. It was great!