Friday, August 2, 2013

Knowledge and Education

So I don't know about you, but I get these daily church quotes in my email. I think they're from Mormon.org. (I'm not really sure, I've been getting them for a while now.) I like them. It takes me out of life for a few moments while I read the quote and think about it.

Here's one I got the other day: 

"In the Church, obtaining an education and getting knowledge are a religious responsibility. We educate our minds so that one day we can render service of worth to somebody else."

- Russell M. Nelson

I liked this one a lot. If anything, it completely validates our life thus far, which is nice for when people look at us and shake their heads like we're crazy. 

It also makes me happy because I have a desire to keep learning things. I may be a stay-at-home mom, but I've been learning lots of things during my time at home. And I want to continue. I saw an ad for some independent study classes and it got me excited. :) I've got lots of grand plans of things I want to learn and do in the future too, as the kids go to school and get older. I just need to wait and see if my plans coincide with what The Lord has in store for me.

I hope we instill in our children the importance of education. I hope they will learn and understand that it is essential, not just on the earth, but in the grand scheme of things. 

No comments: