Here's how the rest of August went:
I had a birthday! And I didn't have to make my own cake this year.
(And I got things to use in the kitchen, but I was happy about that.)
(And its the last birthday before Billy finishes training!!!!)
Mom and Dad left after a fun visit.
Jacob enjoyed new gifts.
We learned how to make applesauce from the apples that grew on our overgrown tree in the backyard. I don't know if I have ever had homemade applesauce before now. Wow. It's so much better than the stuff at the store.
Carol went home after a fun visit.
Billy and the kids went fishing. Again.
(He's determined to figure it out.)
The night before school started, we had an FHE about making friends, choosing the right and being successful in school; received father's blessings; and then made s'mores in the backyard.
(Then everyone had a bath so no one smelled smokey for the first day of school!)
Our summer in Michigan quickly came to an end.
It was a good one.


No comments:
Post a Comment