Monday, October 7, 2013

The First Day of School


School started the day after Labor Day, which is the latest we have ever started, but you know, it's yet another school district and another state. Par for the course.


Emily is a 5th grader now!


Jacob is in 2nd grade!


Matthew started Kindergarten!

The first day of school was tricky. This was the first year I had three kids to drop off. (Thank goodness they are all at the same school this year.) And even though Emily and Jacob have been in school before, since it was a new school they all wanted me to walk them to their classes. So of course I tried my best (with Megan in tow), but it's hard to be in three places at once (my husband doesn't have the luxury of going into work late any morning), so I somehow managed to get a picture of Matthew at his desk, but that's it.




It all worked out. The kids all like their teachers and are happy so far in their classes. I am learning how this district does things... The verdict is still out on how I feel about it. It's only for a year though and then we'll go learn a whole new district and system again. :)


So now it's just this little gal and me during the day. Kind of crazy. I thought she'd miss the kids more than she does. She is loving my undivided attention. And to think this was the age Emily was when we finished dental school and started residency! My how time flies. (And how long training lasts!)



1 comment:

suepeterson710 said...

YAY FOR NEW BLOGS! I won't comment on them all, just this one. We loved being with you and miss you tons and thanks for all the lovely pix.