Yesterday we took a trek out to the nearest bookstore. It's not very close, and on a busy Saturday afternoon, the traffic was insane! I've been wanting to get out there for a while, but it's never really on the way to anything, so it kept getting put off.
Anyway, we finally went. And we had so much fun! I love bookstores, and I remember nights dating Billy when we'd just end up wandering around a Borders or Barnes and Noble, looking at different books and music. There's so much interesting stuff out there. And now that we're married, we've been known to hunker down in bed and read books together once the kids are asleep.
We found what we were looking for, and then decided to go look at some books for fun. We each took a kid and headed off. The best part was how excited the kids got. We read to them everyday, hoping they'll love books, and I think it's working! They were so excited to see all the different new books. I walked Emily over to the children's section and she was in awe. She said the books were beautiful! (No joke!)
The kids ended up getting a couple books that were on sale and we found a great Truck puzzle book for Jacob for Christmas, so it was a good trip! Can't wait to go back!
4 comments:
so fun. i also love bookstores and could spend hours in one! Glad you had a good time!
we just went on friday night for my birthday! nothing like a good barnes and noble perusal.
I love those stores! I just gotta find some poor girl to dupe into goin with me! ;)
We all love bookstores too, my kids are always begging to go. I hope its because they love books, but our Barnes and Noble has a little stage in the kids area, and they each take a few turns doing a "performance" so I am hoping its really about the books. :) Let me know if you read anything good, I am always looking for new good books.
Post a Comment