Thursday, February 28, 2008

Radio

(Driving to school today.)

Emily: We learned about a new letter at school yesterday.

Me: Oh, which one?

Emily: R

Me: R? What did you learn about R?

Emily: We learned about the radio.

Me: The radio?

Emily: Uh-huh.

Me: What's a radio?

Emily: It has music.

Me: That's right.

Emily: And cowboys.

Me: Cowboy music? Yes, it does have cowboy music.

Emily: No, the cowboys are at the radio.

Me: (paused to think for a second) Oh! Do you mean RODEO?!

Emily: Yeah!

Me: OHHHHH! Yes, there are cowboys and music at the Rodeo. :)



(The Houston Rodeo starts next Monday and everyone around here is very excited!)

4 comments:

me said...

That is too funny! Aaron would be very excited to hear about the cowboys on the radio. I loves that!

suepeterson710 said...

Too cute!

Nat Lud said...

That is so cute. I love when the kids come up with stuff like that. I probably never would have been able to make the connection. Yup, I'm that crazy. :)

Annie Leavitt said...

that reminds me of a little trip with emily from the airport. "i'm FLYING! i'm Flying!" remember? she wasn't flying, she was FALLING! i'm laughing my butt off at how funny that was.:)