Monday, July 28, 2008

Emmie's First Tooth


A couple weeks ago, while Billy was on call, I saw Emily looking at herself in the bathroom mirror. I couldn't quite see what she was doing though, so I asked her. She came out and told me something was hurting her and she opened her mouth. I couldn't see anything. Then she pointed it out to me - one of her front bottom teeth was loose! Anyway, Friday night, during dinner, the tooth decided it had had enough and abandoned ship! :)

Emily was so excited! We had already told her about the tooth fairy, so she was ready to try it. Saturday morning she found a dollar under her pillow. She carried that dollar around with her most of the day. It was pretty cute.

6 comments:

me said...

WHOO HOO! I can't believe she lost a tooth! Geez Louise! And man the tooth fairy is a lot more generous now! I think she left me about .25 cents!
ha ha

Sara said...

When Hannah lost her first tooth, she asked her cousin how much the tooth fairy left at his house and he told her $20. But she was still really excited to find $1 under her pillow the next morning. Sheesh - what kind of tooth fairy can afford $20 a tooth!?! Maybe it was just wishful thinking on his part...

Tell Emily congrats for us!

suepeterson710 said...

Tell Emily congrats from Grandma and Grandpa with the curly hair AND we love her new haircut.

You've sure been busy with the kids too. You're such a good mom.

Sarah said...

I can't believe she's already lost a tooth- are they old enough for that yet?! That's really cute that she carried the dollar around with her all day!

Melanie said...

Old enough?! Well, it's a little early I think, but Billy said she's following the sequence just right. She got a 6 year molar a couple months ago.

It's pretty nice having a husband in dentistry. As soon as I saw it was loose, I called to see if she was old enough - 'cause I had no idea!

Nat Lud said...

I just can't even show Brooklynn this post--she'll be so jealous! She hasn't lost one yet--or even close to it! Yay Emily!