Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Olympics


I don't know about you, but my husband and I LOVE the Olympics. We get excited every two years when they come around. It doesn't matter if it's Winter or Summer Games, we think they're all great! We love to watch the opening ceremonies, learn about the athletes, watch the competitions, see the medal ceremonies (OK, that's mostly me. Billy just wants to know who wins.) and watch the closing ceremonies. I don't know why, but we both just think they're so cool. The TV is on in our home much more than normal and we'll stay up late every night to see what's happening.

Friday, the coverage of the Opening Ceremonies started at 6:30pm, so since dinner wasn't ready yet (I was running late), we had dinner picnic-style on a blanket in front of the TV so we could watch it. (We can't see the TV from our kitchen table.) The kids watched for a little bit while we explained stuff. We did it again last night too.

We were in Provo the year they had the Winter Games in Salt Lake. We couldn't afford tickets to an event (I could kick myself now that we didn't just charge tickets to our credit card. We were trying to be so frugal, but we were SO close!), but we did go up to walk around the Olympic Village. It was so fun to be there and at least see the arena and actually see some athletes walking around. Someday we'll get to an event!

Hope you're enjoying the Olympics as much as we are!

6 comments:

Sara said...

I am lovin' the Olympics this summer too. I stayed up WAY too late last night to see if the mens gymnastic team would get a medal or not and now I'm kicking myself for it!

Jordee said...

We feel you. I was up till one last night watching the mens gymnastics. Not to smart when you have a 7 week old. Oh well it's only every 2 years :)

Andrea said...

We are also loving the Olympics. Sounds like you guys are having a good summer, cute pictures of your kids, love them making their sandwiches. I can't believe Emily already lost a tooth, Bailey still hasn't lost one, she tries to loosen one everyday. Hope the rest of your summer is great.

Anonymous said...

We ar loving the Olympics too, we are staying up way too late to watch them, but it's fun! See you Sunday.

me said...

I'm totally with you! I love watching the gymnastics especially, but I'm having a hard time catching them. I like it though.

Andrew said...

I agree. It even got us to buy rabbit ears.

http://baughfam.blogspot.com/2008/08/weve-got-tv.html