Every September, the unofficial church book club meets to pick books to read during the coming year. I've been trying to come up with some good books to recommend. I have some in mind, but then I remembered I have lots of friends who like to read too! :)
Any suggestions!?
5 comments:
you know my answer to that. "reading is ___!" Just kidding, it's better now!
Yay for bookclub!! I'm glad you're thinking about it.
I miss our book club. I wish I could come back every month for it. I don't have suggestions at the moment, but I'm planning to head to the library tomorrow and grab some books for myself and some videos for Lucy. Nursing takes up a lot of time, and I get bored easily. I'm sure you could suggest "Breaking Dawn". Twilight was THE biggest turn out we ever had for book club. Unfortunately, it happened to be in my small house, but it was exciting to get so many people there.
I'm going to nominate "The Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale (or maybe her newer one, I think it's called Austenland or something like that but I haven't read it yet) and maybe "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. See you this week!
i just read "three cups of tea," about john mortenson who builds schools in rural pakistan and afghanistan. i'm going to recommend it for our book group. it's not fiction and it's not a super fast read, but it's worth it.
Post a Comment