Monday, September 8, 2008

Getting Ready a Little Early


Last Thursday I decided I had had enough. I opened up the Fall Decor box and starting decorating. Now I have my Halloween and Autumn decorations up (not a lot, but enough to make the house feel a little different) and my pumpkin spice candle (Salt City - LOVE IT!) lit and I am a happy camper. For some reason Billy and I are just really anxious for the holidays this year - pretty sure because it means cooler weather will be coming our way fairly soon.

Billy came home on Thursday to find me decorating and the kids watching "Garfield's Halloween Adventure." They had already watched, "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown." :)

I've started working on the Halloween costumes too. I'm really hoping they turn out, so wish me luck! (And for the couple of people that may know what we're doing, please don't tell!)

5 comments:

me said...

Hey I'm all about cooler weather and fall too! What are the kids going to be? I'll tell you if you tell me! HA HA

Andrea said...

I have been itching to get out my fall stuff too, I am just not quite ready to say goodbye to summer. That pumpkin is super cute. Maybe I will get it out this weekend, you have inspired me.

Anonymous said...

Oh yea! ok I'm doing it, I've been waiting to put my stuff out, I guess I just needed someone to start before me. So what does this mean about Christmas? Can we put it up November 1-the day after Halloween? :) Yea I'm excited.....gotta go decorate!

Nat Lud said...

I have been thinking about getting mine out too! I am glad someone justified me in getting it out early!

Annie Leavitt said...

what?! people know what your costumes are going to be and i don't? what the heck mel? : ) i do think it's funny you put out decorations out already. wishful thinking never hurt anyone though!