Monday, February 23, 2009

Listeners

For Christmas, my parents gave Emily and Jacob their own little CD players with headphones, as well, as a some stories on CD's to listen to. This present has been by far the most popular with both of them. The kids call them their "listeners" and they LOVE their listeners. They want to use them all the time! I don't mind, because I'd much rather have them listening to stories and following along in books than watch a movie, but we are flying through AA batteries like crazy! I have never had to buy them so often in my life. Also, after three weeks, the first set of headphones died, so both of the kids now are on their second set of headphones and I think their twentieth set of batteries! :) We'll see how long this phase lasts!


Emily loves to listen and follow along in the books.



Jacob loves to just sit and listen without the book, so he tends to get this glazed-over look on his face because he is concentrating and totally engrossed!

3 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

I'm so glad the kids like their 'listeners'. Jacob does look a bit zombified doesn't he?

Andrea said...

What a great gift idea. I will have to remember that one. Maybe some rechargeable batteries are in your future. It's nice when they have a toy that they love.

Annie Leavitt said...

yes, definitely get some rechargeables. and hmm...a present where they sit and are qui