Tuesday, April 28, 2009

New Favorite


Saturday was a weird, raining on and off, kind of day. One of those that left Billy and I looking at each other when we realized the beach plans were canceled asking, "What should we do with the kids?!"

After some cleaning and an hilarious game of charades with them (Jacob was SO funny - running around, growling, shaking his bum and then falling on the floor everytime), we had a picnic dinner in the living room (since I had bought picnic food for the beach) and pulled out a new movie we got a while ago super cheap and were just saving for a time like this: Tarzan. I had never seen it (I don't know if it came out right before I left for my mission or after I was gone, but it was that year, so somehow I just never saw it.) so I had no clue what to expect, but Billy had seen it and said it was a good one. Well, we all enjoyed it and the movie is the kids' new favorite in the house. They were so excited when they realized that we didn't have to take the movie back to a rental place. (like we did after watching Bolt with them a month ago - also a really good family movie.) Anyway, it's Tuesday and they've already watched it two more times since Saturday. (I know. I know. My bad. They usually don't watch movies/TV this much. It's been a weird few days.)

Anyways, it's just so nice to find (old and new) movies that are not full of potty humor and teach good things like trust and honesty and being responsible for your actions. It seems like it's getting harder to find that stuff these days. 


2 comments:

me said...

I didn't realize that you had never seen it. It had been a long time since Aaron or I had seen it, so a few weeks ago we were having a movie night and put it in, but Jared got scared. We will try again at a later time.

I like it though. We want to try Bolt though.

suepeterson710 said...

I remember the music from taking Carolyn to SUU so it must have come out while you were in Venezuela.