Between their loved homes and the war’s desolation!
Blest with vict’ry and peace, may the heav’n-rescued land
Praise the Pow’r that hath made and preserved us a nation!
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: “In God is our trust!”
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O’er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
(Third Verse of The Star-Spangled Banner. Text by Francis Scott Key, 1779–1843)
4 comments:
I think this is the best verse, though hardly ever sung.
Happy 4th of July to you too!
I agree this is the best verse. It has always made me cry, but now there are other reasons that I might choke up on this verse.
Happy 4th! I love this verse too.
We sang this in church today and I love it. Definatly the best verse.
Post a Comment