Tuesday, August 25, 2009

8 Years and First Grade

Another anniversary. Today. I am just amazed to think it has been another year full of changes, milestones and memories. I feel so grateful.

And Emily started First Grade today too. She was so excited as we got ready to go. She was antsy and eager to get on with it. When I told her I'd miss her being home today, she told me that she'd be home after school and would tell me what she had done all day. I realized though that Jacob, Matthew and I are already falling back into the schedule we had last year when Emily was in school and that's kind of nice. I did dishes, laundry and started baking cakes for Jacob. Matthew played with balls and tried to get into anything we were doing, and Jacob watched some Transformers and played with his Transformers. :)

Today is good.

5 comments:

Nat Lud said...

Schedules are great! Congrats on all the milestones!

Annie Leavitt said...

happy happy happy anniversary!!!

i can't believe it's 1st grade time already either.

Danna Banana said...

Happy Happy! So glad you came to join our family.
Has it been 8 years already????
Just yesterday I forgot my recommend and was almost late for your sealing!!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary and Happy First Day of School to Emily! I hope you all have a great year ahead!

Terry and Emalee said...

Happy Anniversary. We celebrate our 8th this year too. It sounds like you have had a fun and full summer. Your family looks wonderful. It was fun to see some familiar faces places from Washington.