I saw a new mom today. A brand new mom with a brand new baby in a brand new stroller and car seat, with brand new blankets.
It made me remember when that was me. Trying to figure it all out.
Talk about a steep learning curve.
Getting to know baby.
Learning how to take care of baby.
Learning how to stay home with baby.
Learning how to help my body heal from a c-section.
And doing all of the above without much sleep.
It was really hard.
We have a new baby coming in a few months.
She'll have a new car seat (our other one expired).
She'll have hand-me-down clothes and blankets.
She won't have a beautifully decorated baby room just for her.
But she'll have three siblings thrilled to meet her and help take care of her, and a mommy who won't be learning quite so much. Just getting to know baby and her specific needs.
This feels good.
4 comments:
great siblings and a relaxed and loving mother are by far much better than a beautifully decorated baby room.
and i love hearing you say "she"!
I also thought how awesome it would be to have a totally decked out nursery, but really, the baby couldn't care less.
She will be welcomed to lots of love and that is way more important.
I have thought about these same kinds of things, and you are right, and the commentators are right, the baby only wants to close to mama and the familiar sounds of home and family. :) A nice polished nursery will not even be noticed or cared about by them.
I had the same thoughts the other day when I took out some the baby toys we got new with Korbin and discovered they don't work anymore. It's so nice not being in that new stage anymore. Especially since my first two screamed all the time.
Post a Comment