Thursday, March 4, 2010

Growing


I bathed the kids Tuesday night before bed while Billy was off doing resident stuff. It's nice that Emily and Jacob are a bit older. They can do much more to help me, which is quite handy since I'm pregnant.

I helped Matthew out of the bathtub, wrapped him up and carried him out to dry and dress him.

I paused as I started to wipe his feet.

They're so big.

Then he started playing with his towel, laughing, and I saw all those teeth in that smily mouth.

There are so many.

Then I thought about all the little things he's done lately that proves he is not a baby anymore.

He now says, "kic-kee" (cookie) thanks to the three girl scouts who live next door.

He plays with his siblings.

He can ride a scooter.

He listens to directions and understands time out.

He is fascinated with school buses and dogs.

He loves chasing his siblings or being chased.

He gets excited when he hears a dog bark ("woo! woo!"), a plane fly over ("ba ku") or hears a train whistle.

He is starting to try to say prayers.

He is fearless at the park, going down the biggest slides alone.

He is almost two.

What a big boy.

1 comment:

Annie Leavitt said...

oh what a sweet post about matchew.

and hello! he can ride a scooter when neither of my girls can! : )

i can't believe he'll be two. wish i could give him a kic-kee and squeeze his cheekies.