Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Boring here. So sorry. I've been taking full advantage of Billy's easy month to do stuff around the house. Here are some updates:

Matthew is talking more and more and is testing his limits. :) I heard him fussing last Wednesday and found him like this. He couldn't pull his hand out with the special Spring Break cereal in it. (Yes, I bought this for my kids. We never have it. They thought it was wonderful. They are so easy to please.)



Jacob will be doing preschool with a friend from church next Fall and he is very excited. We decided to not put him in Kindergarten yet because his birthday is just two weeks before the cut-off. He'd be in class with kids turning 6 in Sept/Oct, and he just barely 5. Nothing like personal experience, plus reading this book, to convince us that one extra year can only help him be more successful in life.

Emily lost her 8th tooth last Tuesday. She is so much fun and is getting more and more excited for her baby sister.

Here's some other stuff that's been happening:

Billy and Jacob went to their first Fathers and Sons Campout. They had a great time. (I told Billy that next year he needed to get a picture with his sons. Yes, he will take Matthew next year.)


The kids and I went to eat lunch with Daddy on his last lecture day of medical school. (He had to go back for some lectures this month.) We had a great time meeting his friends and being with Daddy. We're looking forward to graduation.

We took the kids to the Houston Rodeo. Matthew was able to ride some rides this year, which he loved. Emily was fearless, willing to try any ride she saw and Jacob, for the second year in a row, managed to win a large prize at a game on his first try. (I think we should get him in baseball. I don't know how he did it.)


Billy went out of town for a craniofacial conference in Dallas. He went with another guy from church, so us wives got together while they were gone and took the kids to the beach. It was windy, and the water was cold, but what's that to two girls from Western Washington?! (I still didn't need my sweatshirt.) Everyone had a great time, and brought home lovely sunburns.


3 comments:

Annie Leavitt said...

GREAT PICTURES!

that last one of bill and matthew is perfect.

Danna Banana said...

Great to see you guys! I agree with Annie. More pics!!

Jordee said...

I love the one of Matthew on the bench. Hope things are all well for you.