Monday, April 11, 2011

Wow

And we're back.

Did you even notice we were gone?

We just returned from a trip up north to see my baby brother get married to the nicest girl. She's perfect for him.

We had a great time.

And I baked SO much cake. I didn't even eat a piece of it when they finally cut it. But my kids did. And the happy couple too. They liked it.

Didn't get a picure of it either, but I know other people did.

Didn't get many pictures of the wedding day at all, but then that's what happens when the mom gets hit with the yucky sick bug on the actual day of the wedding. I was just trying to be comfortable and enjoy my time there.

Saw old friends. That's always so nice. Even if it isn't for long.

Emily's eyes were sparkling and bright the entire day, totally enjoying the whole wedding experience. :) At one point during the reception I asked her what she was doing. She said, "I'm thinking about MY wedding." :)

And Matthew turned 3 while we were there! The highly anticipated family birthday party (minus Daddy), ended up consisting of me, the kids and my mom. Everyone else was sick. All we could do was laugh at the irony of that situation.

Jacob lost a tooth during the birthday dinner, and the tooth fairy still managed to find him even though we were at grandma and grandpa's house. What a smart tooth fairy.

Then Megan cut the exact same tooth in her mouth just hours later. :) Finally.


We came home last night and found the front door unlocked. It was unlocked all weekend.

I'm now convinced our neighborhood is a safe place. :) (Thank goodness!)

The fridge is on the fritz though. Need to get that looked at now.

And the dishwasher is being fixed today. If I wait, it'll just cost us even more.

Back to life.


Billy dancing with our girls while my sister's older daughter looks on.
(Why didn't we have dancing at our reception?! It was so fun.)

3 comments:

me said...

I'm glad that the house was fine after being left open for that time. It's be nice to feel safe like that without worries.
I knew Emily was having a blast. She was loving all of it, the pictures and everything else.
It was great seeing you all even if it was a short amount of time. We miss you and the kids miss your kids too!

Annie Leavitt said...

i love that quote of emily ; )

so happy you are home- but boo for misbehaving appliances. tell them to to shape up will ya!

Elder and Sister Dunn said...

I am glad the cake went well although I must admit I am a little bummed that you weren't able to get a picture. It is completely understandable though, when I get busy taking pictures isn't the first thing that pops into my mind.