It took an hour to get to the blueberry farm, so Megan had her little bottle right there while we were picking berries.
The boys working hard.
Emily getting in there for some good ones.
The kids with all the berries we picked, just under 10 lbs.
(See their rosy cheeks. I'm so glad we got there early in the day. We were there from 9am-11am and the sun was just beating on us by the time we left. The kids were done.)
So, of course, since we have all these blueberries now, we've been trying some recipes, as well as just eating them by the handful. :) We've made blueberry cream muffins and blueberry french toast (pictured below) so far. The muffins were a good basic muffin, and the recipe made 36 muffins, so I liked that. The french toast was ridiculously good, but a little goes a long way. It could be a dessert. I've got orange blueberry muffins, blueberry scones and blueberry bread pudding on my list of things to try next.
Do you have any good blueberry recipes you just love?
---------------------------
Side Note: My baby turns 1 today! Today! I can't believe she's 1.
4 comments:
oh! that french toast looks divine.
happy birthday megan! i cant' believe it's been an entire year. wow.
I got fat just looking at that photo!! Super yum!
Happy Birthday to BABY!!
YUM-O.
Wow, looks like fun. I hope for your sake the conf. are canceled. Too bad it didn't happen sooner. :)
Post a Comment