Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Playing Catch Up

Oh blog. What has happened between us? We used to be such good friends. Now I hardly talk with you anymore. I'm sad you don't have such a good record of the adventures and experiences we've been having. Like -15 degree weather, that felt like -39 when the wind blew. Or our sicky Christmas where Billy and I could only function when doped up on pseudoephedrine and ibuprofen. Or when I lost my wedding ring for 20-30 minutes and how we no longer have a child in the Nursery at church.

I will catch you up. I will go back and fill in the blanks, but if I don't pick up right now from where we are, I'm afraid I might not catch up ever. You understand, don't you? Sometimes it's hard to go back and do it all in order. It seems like you'll never get it done.

So here we go.

January 2014. The coldest, whitest month we have ever seen in our entire lives! It was snowing on New Years Day and the white snow has never gone away since. Every few days it snows some more. I thought I could get through one year in Michigan without buying snow boots and snow pants, but I was very wrong. We have gone sledding and played outside. Billy and I have cleared the driveway countless times and I am becoming a better driver with snow and ice on the roads. :) We haven't hit the 30's since January 11th. We have had SO MUCH hot chocolate. So much.


Breaking our Gingerbread Houses on New Year's Day.











One of many piles of snow in a parking lot by Michael's. A dump truck filled with snow drove by after I took this picture. It reminded me of the truckloads they'd bring to Houston so the kids could see what snow was like. Ha!





Jacob is so funny sometimes.


 Remember the Raisin! The bloodiest battle in the War of 1812.




General Custer was from Monroe, Michigan!



Little Miss Sunbeam. She loves Primary.



A Re-enactment of the Battle of River Raisin. It was freezing! The old cannons were the coolest though. You could feel it when they fired.



At the Henry Ford Museum.



The kids helped rebuild a Model T.




Working on an assembly line.



Megan's little dance performance. She was so proud of herself.







Snowfest 2014. Frankenmuth, MI.




This place is famous for it's Chicken Dinner. We ate it for lunch. It was overpriced and not very good at all. Oh well.




He's a Bobcat! And working on his Wolf. Jacob loves cub scouts.






4 comments:

suepeterson710 said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you. So lovely to see all your antics. The kids (and you and Billy of course) are adorable. Miss those sweet faces.

Nat Lud said...

You guys are always doing fun things! I'm glad you are back!

Annie Leavitt said...

You guys are always doing fun things!

And ps: my journal writing class said "Don't worry about playing catch up! Just start where you want. If it's boring to write it's boring to read" I've always liked that advice : )

Carol curtis said...

Just found these posts. Been out of it myself. Always so fun to read. Feels like you're not quite so far away out of our lives. And you're are so much more interesting :)