So, it's been an interesting week. Full of things to do and work on. We started the week realizing that our painting last weekend had been in vain. I've been wanting to paint our entryway and living room for months and knew that if we didn't do it now, it wouldn't happen for at least another 6-8 months. Friday night and Saturday we painted. Then, with the whole entryway done, we realized that the color just wasn't quite right. I had held the little paint sample up to the tile, the carpet and our green kitchen, but it wasn't turing out quite the way we thought it would - it was clashing with the green. Lesson learned: Buy the little sample cans of paint 'cause even though they seem way overpriced, they're still cheaper than a couple of gallons! :) We returned to Home Depot and found a better color this week, tried a sample of it on various walls (I had never realized how weird our lighting was in our house either.), and will paint again this weekend. Wish us luck!
Wednesday I had Enrichment. It was all about Valentine's Day and feeling the love. Can I just tell you, even though I've been doing Enrichment since before Emily turned 1 (for 5 years), I just really enjoy my calling. I think it is so fun. Everyone had a great time too - what is better than valentines from friends and chocolate fondue?!
Thursday marked exactly 2 months until #3 comes. I know, I know, it's still 2 whole months, but many of you know what it's like when you're pregnant - the bigger you get, the harder it is not to think about it! I just feel like the countdown is on! (Hence the painting and bunk beds and nesting like a crazy woman.) Physically, I feel good. Some of my shoes are getting a bit snug though! :) And the heartburn is more frequent, but that's expected when your insides are squashed. I am so short that I just run out of room really quickly (at least that's my very scientific theory). Billy left me a message on the phone the other day, calling me "the puffy version of Mel" - not that I'm puffy though, just a bit bigger in the middle. :) That's easy for him to say when he's working out and loosing weight every day, but I just had to laugh when I heard it! :) It's getting a little harder to get up off the floor or roll over, and I'm getting clumsy - don't worry I'm not painting anything high! The joys of pregnancy.
So, nothing earth-shattering here has happened, but I still feel like it's been an eventful week. It definitely went by fast, so I know the next ones will too. I hope I can get all of my "To-Do's" done!
2 comments:
That stinks....That happened to us in Carsten's old room with the dark blue. Our first attempt turned out bright, 1980's, punk-rock turquoise!!! At least it was just the half wall below the chair rail and we only had two side of the room done before I realized it wasn't going to dry any darker. Good luck with the new color!!!
P.S. You should post a new picture of the "Puffy Version of Mel."
I have also done that with the paint, I have a gallon sitting in my garage that was only used for a couple of strips. Ryan wasn't so happy with me, but the next color worked out great. I am with you on getting everything ready and I still have 3 months, and I also understand the puffy comment, Ryan has also been losing some weight and I am not a fan of that right now!!
Post a Comment