Monday, August 11, 2008

Last Week

So, last week was one of those weeks that seemed busy, but wasn't, but was. Monday was filled with news reports as we all woke up to see Tropical Storm Edouard barreling right for us. It was comforting to know I've got 72 hour kits ready to go (just need some clothes) if we need to leave, or hunker down for a few days. The stores around here were emptied pretty quickly of water, bread, eggs, milk and batteries.

Tuesday I was expecting this crazy storm to hit. Instead, we woke up and (surprise again!) the storm had veered east, hitting right at the border of TX/LA instead of us. We ended up with such boring weather - rain, drizzle and some wind, but not much at all. It was rather anti-climactic after all the hype we'd heard Monday. Don't get me wrong though, I'm glad. Billy only had to round that day because of the weather that was supposedly coming, so it was really nice to have him around. Plus, the boring weather meant our mail could be delivered, and I got "Breaking Dawn." Billy let me go read at once. :)

Wednesday we ran errands (got Emily's school supplies) and Matthew had his first taste of rice cereal. He didn't get a whole lot down his throat, but he was intrigued with this new substance. He's been really hungry at night lately, so we're hoping this will help.

Thursday we tooled around the house and Matthew decided to turn the drool faucet on. He turned 4 months.

Friday I made some food for a friend's baby shower and played with the kids. Matthew's quilt arrived from his Great-Grandma and we had a little quilt party (each of the kids laid out their quilts and sat - or laid in Matthew's case - and read books - or just looked around in Matthew's case). We also watched the Olympic Opening Ceremonies with the kids (until they got bored and tired) and I finished "Breaking Dawn."

Saturday was a typical day filled with the baby shower, church duties and a BBQ with friends.

Hope ya'll have a good week!

1 comment:

Nat Lud said...

Glad your book came! I just started mine last night. We'll chat about it later! Enjoy!